With freelancers, startups can quickly add expertise and skills to their team, overcoming any gaps in their knowledge base. Freelancers are also more likely to be flexible and approach problems in a unique way, which can lead to new and innovative solutions.
Startups that use freelancers are often more nimble and responsive to changes, and they can easily tap into a breadth of knowledge and creativity that is often inaccessible to regular employees.
So, if you're looking for a way to boost your startup's productivity and agility, consider going the freelance route. By utilizing platforms like Pangea.app, you’ll be able to find the perfect freelancers to help your startup thrive.
10 Reasons to Hire Freelancers For Your Startup
Working with freelancers can be incredibly beneficial to all kinds of startups. From accessing expert skills you may not have yourself to being able to scale your team as needed, there are many reasons why working with a freelancer is a great choice.
1. Freelancers can be hired on an as-needed basis, affording flexibility in your work schedule.
2. You can tap into a wide range of skills and talents when working with a freelancer.
3. Freelancers are often more affordable than hiring full-time employees, and you can easily find the best ones for the job.
4. No one knows your business or the nuances of your industry better than a freelancer currently working within your space.
5. Freelancers are constantly learning and expanding their skills, which means they’re always up for new challenges.
6. Freelancers can quickly ramp up their workload as needed.
7. Freelancers are often highly motivated and driven, so you can expect clear and concise results.
8. Freelancers can be consulted on an as-needed basis, so they’re never a distraction.
9. You can easily hand off work to a freelancer if needed.
10. Freelancers are often flexible and open to new ideas, so you can tap into their unique perspective to help your business grow.
Freelancers Bring Flexibility, Creativity, and Cost-Effectiveness
There are plenty of advantages to working with a freelancer – whether you need a one-off project or a full team of experts.
Here are just some of the ways freelancers can help your startup thrive:
Flexibility: A freelancer can be just the person you need to help you out with a specific project, and they can bring a wealth of different skills and experiences to the table. This can be a major advantage if you need to quickly turnaround a project, as freelancers can help to get the job done efficiently and accurately, freeing up your time for more important tasks. They can also be more flexible in terms of their working patterns, which can mean that they can take on shorter or more sporadic projects without impacting their workload.
Creativity: Working with freelance writers, graphic designers, or any creative freelancer can open up a world of possibilities. Instead of tasking a full-time employee with writing a blog or making a TikTok video on top of their regular duties for example, you can work with a content-focused freelancer who lives and breathes creativity for a living.
Cost-Effectiveness: A freelancer costs far less than a full-time employee in the same position. This can be a major advantage if you’re looking to quickly cover costs for a new project or free up space in your budget. Freelancers can be paid by the hour or per-deliverable, but the hours only encompass the actual time taken to complete the task at hand.
Most Common Freelance Hires For Startups
There are countless ways to hire freelance talent for your startup. To give you an idea, here’s some of the most common freelance hires:
Social Media Management
With all of the plates a startup has to keep spinning at once, social media can be the most time consuming and tedious. Managing content across TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and more is a real chore for someone who is trying to start a business.
For a freelance social media manager, however, this could be a 5-10 hour a week project. There’s plenty of other things to pull your hair out about, but thanks to freelancing platforms like Pangea, social media shouldn’t be one of them.
Creating content these days can feel like a constant and chaotic undertaking. So many platforms, so little time. Freelancers are a great source for content creation, from writing blogs to creating videos for TikTok and Instagram.
Beyond creating fun and engaging content, freelancers in this space are well organized, will develop monthly content calendars, and perform market research. Beyond just posting, it’s important to know when to post, determine what is connecting with your audience, and engage with comments and DM’s.
Digital marketing is the key to generating awareness about your startup, but there’s so much that goes into it. From paid ads on Google and social media marketing, to driving organic traffic using SEO, it’s important to have someone who is well versed in generating brand awareness and driving sales.
Working with digital marketing freelancers means finding a wiz who can cover all your bases or finding dedicated experts in each area you need assistance in. Most freelancers have a wealth of experience, but if you’re looking for someone to really nail down your SEO, you can find that as well.
Whether you’re in need of a logo design, email banners, pitch decks, or Insta-slides, freelance graphic designers are the way to go. Instead of trying to do this yourself or turning to a pricy firm, work with a freelance 1-on-1 who fits your style and understands your brand.
Graphic design freelancers are cost effective and offer quick turnaround times. Most startups don’t have the need for a full-time graphic designer, so consider paying a freelancer on a per-project basis instead.
Whether you’re running an e-commerce website or a full-blown digital product, User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design is essential. UI/UX designers perform user and market research, run A/B tests, build effective user flows, and so much more.
With UI/UX playing such a big role in how your customers experience your startup online, you should work with a designer whose primary focus is this kind of design. With a UI/UX freelancer, you’re getting just that.
Website & Mobile Development
If you’re looking to build a website or app from scratch, hiring software engineering freelancers is a viable option. Depending on your startup, building out a website or mobile app can cost thousands - or even hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Hiring a freelancer (or a team of freelancers) for your website and mobile development projects will save you tons of time and money. Instead of hiring a development agency, cut out the middleman and go straight to the source.
How to Find the Right Freelancer for Your Startup
With so many options available, you may feel unsure of how to hire the best freelancers for your startup. Here are a few tips to help you find the right freelancer for your project:
- Assess your project requirements. What skills do you need the freelancer to have? Is the freelancer knowledgeable in the specific area you need help with?
- Look for freelancers who have proven experience handling the task at hand. Be sure to review previous work samples to ensure they’re the right fit for you.
- Request quotes and proposals from many freelancers. It's important to get an idea of how much the freelancer charges and what their fees and turnaround time are like.
- Be transparent about your expectations. Make sure you are clear about what you want from your freelancer. This will help avoid any misunderstanding or frustration later on.
- Be prepared to give feedback. It's important to be honest with the freelancer about what you're happy with and what needs to be improved.
How to Get the Most Out of Working with a Freelancer
There are several keys to ensuring your startup is making the most out of each freelancer hire:
- Always specify the complete project requirements upfront. This will help the freelancer to get a clear understanding of what you're looking for, and will help them to hit the ground running.
- Establish a regular communication schedule. This will help to ensure that both of you are on the same page with your project, and that any questions or concerns are addressed as quickly as possible.
- Offer feedback and constructive criticism along the way. This will help your freelancer to improve their work, and to build a strong working relationship with you. It’s best to do this as you go instead of requesting revisions at the end.
Freelancers can choose who they work with, and they’re choosing to work with you! Never hesitate to contact a freelancer if you have any questions or concerns about your project
Post a Job on Pangea.app
Freelancers offer their expertise and knowledge in a variety of areas, ranging from marketing and communication to software development and back-end operations. Freelancers can provide a fresh new perspective on how your startup can grow and evolve, whether that means coming up with new ideas for marketing campaigns or providing innovative insights.
Having a network of freelance talents can be an invaluable asset in times of rapid growth, and Pangea is here to provide you with just that. Join Pangea for free today and start experiencing the growth-fueling results you and your team deserve.